fot

Slow progress....

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Slow progress....
From: "Ian Cowie" <ianhome@acohs.com.au>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 20:39:49 +1100
Hi again all,

Just thought I would let you know we are still plodding on with the 'Super
Spit'. Unfortunately we were let down by our piston maker here in Oz, waited
16 weeks, and ended up with undersize pistons.... Not happy...

I eventually got onto Top End performance, who have been absolutely
fantastic so far, and I am pleased to say I expect a set of custom JE
pistons later this week. Three weeks from go to whoa.

Nevertheless, it means several items have been dealt with in detail i.e. not
rushed for the sake of expedience. The first being we have managed to beef
up brakes considerably and now running Vitesse rears, and Austin discs
modified to fit the Spitty hub and 16P calipers to boot, Made our own
brackets to suit. Managed to get air ducts to brakes through front of
chassis, without changing body ( body changes are a no-no here). Built our
own shocks and camber compensator, and fitted aTR6 air intake unit to
provide cold air induction system to the Webers. Also fitted aluminum
radiator.

So at this point in time we are waiting only on the pistons, finish the
block and do a test assy. Then it will down to the serious stuff for a few
days.

In the meantime, I have loaded some pics onto my company web site as
follows, go here if you are interested; acohs.com.au/supertr

I have not loaded all pics yet but it is a start.

BTW I would like to nominate my friend and mentor to FOT. His name is Chris
Swingler. He and his brother Neil are early racers particularly of
Spitfires, and Chris at one time ran the Playboy TR7 to the best of my
knowledge here in Oz. On my photo page you will see two picks of the
Swingler Spitties. One of that period in  which several competed in the
'Coca Cola Cup' series way back then and second a poor image recovered from
a damaged photo.

Chris is also known to EISANDIEGO@aol.com, alias Cary whom I am sure will
vouch for Chris and hopefully second my nomination.
BTW, Chris' mail address is: trrace@jeack.com.au

All the best for now...

Ian
777