fot

Re: Trailer/Tow Vehicle Survey (Plus interesting pantyhose

To: "catpusher@aol.com" <catpusher@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Trailer/Tow Vehicle Survey (Plus interesting pantyhose
From: "spitfiresuz@141.com" <spitfiresuz@141.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 18:08:27 -0500
Howdy!

My little trailer, Tucker, was custom-built for a Lotus 21 or 22 race car back
when.  (The driver's last name was Tucker, hence the trailer name.)  It's a
great little light single-axle, like Brad said, and it has brakes.  The main
thing with single-axle trailers is to keep properly-inflated tires in good
shape on them.  I had a blowout with a double-axle trailer a while back and
hardly noticed it when it happened, aside from the noise and a small jerk.  I
can imagine what a single-axle's reaction would be!  I have towed it around the
country, mostly with Tristan on it, and have had no problems.  The Jeep barely
noticed it was there!

And as for the 2002 Dakota SLT Quad-Cab -- I drive it every day and it is
AWESOME!!  Very responsive, good power, comfortable and roomy to boot!  It
makes a great daily driver and seems like it would tow well.  We are waiting to
get a proper hitch on it -- the hole in the bumper is for the small-shaft ball
and we prefer the large-shaft ones, plus I didn't want to mess up the bumper
chrome by screwing a ball down onto it.

Notes about pantyhose -- did you know there are two MILES of thread in one pair
of pantyhose?!?  And you can use pantyhose as a replacement fan belt in a
pinch.  Plus, I have heard you can actually tow a car with a pair of pantyhose,
but have refrained from trying that one.