fot

Re: Salsbury limited slip

To: gasket.works@gte.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Salsbury limited slip
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 23:18:28 EST
In a message dated 12/27/01 6:33:31 PM Pacific Standard Time,
gasket.works@gte.net writes:

<< If interested you can email  me for address.  Be aware he is asking a lot
of
 $$$ ( he quoted me $2,000.00).  I said it's too steep for me..but, will pass
 it along.

At that price, you may as well weld up the rear end and do a little under
steering.

I have an ancient limited slip unit sitting in a drawer for the past 30 plus
years.  It is probably the first unit that was supplied for use in the
TR-2/3's.  I must have used it during the years of 1965, 66, and 67.  At that
time, I was told that this unit has little clutches in it which could throw
you, and it is better to lock up the differential.

What is the opinion of the list: Would I be better off trying to use this old
unit again, or continue with the locked up differentials?