fot

(no subject)

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: (no subject)
From: SpiwakD@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 12:10:41 EST
Amici

        I know two people who use the Hans device. It is simple and appears
to be effective, but is awkward to use. The helmet is attached to a
fiberglass frame which sits on the user's shoulders. The shoulder belts hold
the frame down. If the driver needs to exit quickly, he simply disconnects
his belts and stands up. The helmet is not attached to the car.
        The helmet/Hans device cannot easily be put on while in the car. You
will probably have to go to the grid with everything in place...no fun in hot
weather. I doubt that those of us with formula cars will be able to put it on
without assistance. I believe the price is around $750 installed on your
helmet.

                                                             Dave