fot

Re: Race Numbers

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Race Numbers
From: BRITPAC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:31:11 EST
Another good way is to have a sign shop make them up from vinyl and a
graphics file you provide. Or, select a font you like (appropriately vintage)
and tell them the size and colors: they'll produce it on the spot. These
places digitize the data, and cut the graphics out of vinyl by computer with
a stylus. That's how we did our names on the doors of Scrappy, in a yellow
that matched the stripe and wheels. You can order a few complete sets
(cheaper the more you order) and it's very affordable. Selecting a good font
will make you look classier than the guy that picked up vinyl letters at
Office Depot, or cut them out with scissors.

Motorcycle shops have a good selection of precut numbers too.

Steve & Janet Hedke
"Moss Motors Team Scrappy"
Great Race #45, 1957 Triumph TR3
britpac@aol.com