fot

European TR Racers-Coming to Mid-Ohio/June

To: kef@filesk.freeserve.co.uk
Subject: European TR Racers-Coming to Mid-Ohio/June
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 11:25:40 EST
Subject: All Triumph Race at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. Your inquiry
regarding additional European race candidates for transport to Mid-Ohio.

 (See Keith Files note at the bottom)

Keith,   Mid-Ohio 2002 will prove to be a very interesting year, I am sure.
We will work hard to be good hosts to you. The initial expectation on my part
was 1-3 racers from Europe, not 15!!!. There are others from the north of our
border and offshore have contacted me that are not bringing cars, but want to
attend.

As your planning becomes more firm, I suspect that Mid-Ohio will want to
expand their promotion of this event,  regarding your arrival. Additionally,
Mid-Ohio is one of the best groomed and best run venues of it's kind. I think
they will do a good job of helping with the logisitics of off-loading and
return of your race cars.

Several notable publishers have been advised of this event and there will be
strong international coverage in the vintage racing community. Expect your
share of the attention....should be great fun.

I dont know if Marc Matthieu (Belgium, I believe) has a race car, but I would
like to invite him.....(Nice article in Triumph World, Marc!!!)

I am copying a number of folks who might know someone and help us make
further contacts. Perhaps they will forward information to you and copy me.

Best regards,

Joe Alexander
Friends of Triumph