fot

Re: Speed Channel ??

To: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Subject: Re: Speed Channel ??
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 10:51:54 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 EISANDIEGO@aol.com wrote:

> Friends

Amici...

>              I was listening to a Speedvision program last night and they
> stated that "if " they has Formula 1 coverage it would be as Speed Channel. I
> not familiar with Speed Channel, can some bring me up to date ?

Speedivision was part-owned by Fox (something like 50%) and part of the
"deal" was that Fox could exercise an option to purchase Speedvision in
August of 2001. Fox exercised the option and has since moved the facility
from Bristol, CT to Charlotte, NC.

The Bristol facility went off-line with Speedvision toward the end of
December.

Speedvision becomes SpeedChannel on February 11th.

F1 coverage on SpeedChannel has not been announced to the best of my
knowledge.

> Cary

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |