fot

Re: TR3 racer... History

To: trhouse@greenapple.com, fot@autox.team.net, Alfetta95@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR3 racer... History
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 23:22:41 EST
In a message dated 1/28/02 6:56:15 PM Pacific Standard Time,
trhouse@greenapple.com writes:

<< My father raced the car in the SCCA during the sixties and early 70's.  He
 did rather well in the Steel Cities Region regional races as well as some
 national races.
 I can explain what he did as I heard from his friends and from what I know
 about the car.  He passed away in 1971 and the car has been sitting since.
 I've had the car for about 18years and have finally decided to do something
 with it. I currently race an Alfa Romeo Alfetta GT in SCCA ITB so I'm
familiar
 with certain guidelines with in the SCCA.  In the Northeast division of the
 SCCA is a series called the Volvo Historic.  I'd like to run that series and
 possibly some VSCCA or other.  Any information will greatly help.  Thanks in
advance

 Todd Redmond, TS #29341 1958 TR3 A

If your dad's name is Chuck Redmond of Crowder's Corner, he and his friend
Bob Stanford (US Air mechanic) gave me my start with my 1959 TR-3.  I had my
car at your home, and built my first two engines there, with their help.  I
am still using knowledge that I gained from those two.  At that time, I was
in my late 20's, and you were a little destructive ignats, and I do believe
that I remember your name being Todd.  I am sure that your father would be
surprised if he could know that my same old car is still making the race
track a few times a year.

Our son has just started to race his RX-7 Mazda in SCCA ITA.  I saw my first
Volvo Historic race last summer when I ran a regional race at the Glen.  Bill
Emery