fot

TR rods

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: TR rods
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:12:06 -0600
Thanks, Mordy, for alerting us to the price increase of Carillo rods. I
called tham and confirmed the new price -- $1276 for a set of four.

I also spent about a day trying to find if the Australian Mitsubishi
engine mentioned on the list was ever made in the USA. We can find no
Mitsubishi rod close enough to ours that would be usable. Of course,
maybe somebody could import them from Australia.

There are a couple of other domestic sources of competition rods,
though.

Pauter rods are highly spoken of by other racing venues. They look quite
different. They have an intriguing design. Take a look at

www.pauter.com

They quote $864 retail and six week delivery.

Cunningham rods are also highly regarded. I have called their number
four times and have been unable to make contact.

Saenz is also highly spoken of and has yet another design.

I have not priced Cunningham or Saenz rods.

There is yet another possible source. My local machine shop / parts
supplier, The Car Shop (you ought to check out their website at
thecarshop.com, I think) is willing to enter into a business arrangement
with a major American rod manufacturer to have these made and market
them. The rods would be of absolutely finest quality, currently used by
drag and circle track people. They would look like conventional rods
rather than looking like Carillos. The Car Shop would be willing to
stock a small inventory to make immediate delivery possible. Price would
be $795.

On this last note -- they have asked if I would survey the Triumph folks
to find out how much interest there is in this approach. So........if
you would be interested in us pursuing this, would you please send me an
email message so I can tell them the level of interest? Thanks.

--

uncle jack - red, white, and New Blue