fot

RE: Has anyone heard about this??

To: "'Jeffrey & Terrie Senty'" <tjsenty@eishome.com>,
Subject: RE: Has anyone heard about this??
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 16:23:54 -0800
If it is a scam, it's a very elaborate and expensive one. Actually it
looks like an excellent business proposition, and is clearly well funded.
I know web design shops are very hungry right now, but I'd guess the site
cost a small fortune, very elaborate design, though simple enough in it's
underlying technology.

The premise is rational. They charge everyone who applies ten bucks. They
won't get rich doing that, but they'll get a couple of hundred thousand
gearheads to give them comprehensive information--though I would haven
chose information elements that were more commercially valuable if I were
pulling this off. They take the registration data back to their investors
and say--look at how much interest we got here without spending any ad
money. give us a lot more money.  I also expect the show would be pretty
hot--a heck of a lot more interesting than Survivor.

Videogame spin-off, direct marketing possibilities, lots of sponsorship.

Brilliant. Wish I'd thought of it, and had the energy to do something
about it.

Bill