fot

Tire Pressure

To: "Vintage Race List" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Tire Pressure
From: "Richard Hardison" <BlueShadow@starband.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 11:51:15 -0500
I am interested in the thoughts of you production car racers regarding optimum
tire pressures.

We are currently sorting out a recently constructed 1959 Triumph TR3A race
car.  Ran it for the second time with CVAR in Texas last weekend.

The car weighs about 1800 pounds.  Wheels are 5.50X15 Minilite reproductions.
Tires are 5.50X15 Hoosier Vintage TD bias ply.

What front and rear tire pressures are you running on similar cars?  I don't
have enough time in the car yet to have a good feel for this question.  My
previous five years of racing has been in formula cars, so that isn't any
help.

Thanks.

Richard