fot

Virus Advisories 030602

To: <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Virus Advisories 030602
From: "Mordy Dunst/Gasket Works USA" <gasket.works@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 18:03:19 -0800
Friends:
Below is an advisory from my internet security guru.....

This new worm (GIB) is a low threat, but these are the types of worms that
will trick users, using a tactic called social engineering, to allow virus
infection or even computer compromise.  *Please keep in mind that Microsoft
will not send out security patches in a form of an e-mail.*  They will
typically allow users to download off of their webpage or allow their
operating system to download it automatically.  This is a typical example of a
malicious programmer trying to outwit the world.

General Information & Virus Information

Gibe is a mass-mailing worm written in Visual Basic. It disguises itself as a
Microsoft security update. The worm usually arrives as an attachment named
Q216309.exe to the following message:

Here's an excerpt.