fot

Re: Tractors race at Sebring

To: grandwazoo@earthlink.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tractors race at Sebring
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 11:38:45 EST
In a message dated 03/18/2002 7:20:43 PM Central Standard Time,
grandwazoo@earthlink.net writes:

> Subj: Tractors race at Sebring
> Date: 03/18/2002 7:20:43 PM Central Standard Time
> From:    grandwazoo@earthlink.net (Mike Jackson)
> Sender:    owner-fot@autox.team.net
> To:    fot@autox.team.net (Friends of Triumph)

Amici:

As one of the FOTers who made the trip to SEBRING from the great FROZEN
TUNDRA up north, I can assure no one had a better time than I did.  Boy that
Florida March weather is sure easy to get used to, and I like the 'social
climate' in Sebring, which tends to be more blue collar than the upscale
areas on both coasts.  The old downtown area of Sebring is very quaint, and
there are lots of lakes.  The biggest one in the area is JACKSON LAKE, named
after our own, Mike Jackson.

Ted Schumacher's 175,000 +/- crowd estimate has got to be accurate.  I
estimate less than 10% watch the race.  The balance participate in an ongoing
tailgate party that absolutely defies description.  These run the gamut from
two dozen guys dressed as cows, to highly decorated mobile party barges, that
make continuous runs up and down the paddock roads (ala Mardi Gras) throwing
beads to the women, hoping they will flash them.  Gets pretty bawdy.  We had
a ball.

I had my digital camera along, so contact me off line, if you'd like to see a
picture or two from our paddock.

Bill Dentinger