fot

Great Race Texas

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Great Race Texas
From: BRITPAC@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 14:22:31 EST
Scrappy is back from Granbury, Texas (about 50 miles southwest of Ft. Worth)
and we're happy to say we 'done good'. We began second overall in the Friday
Trophy Run (lowest raw score but lost by :02 seconds due to age factor, and
no trophy for second, darn it!) and finished second in the Expert division
(Saturday/Sunday) again with :02 out of first due to age factor! The TR3 had
the lowest combined score through the 3 days of competition out of all 86
cars entered. The range of cars in competition ran the gamut, from a 2001
Buick rental car to the Barney Oldfield Peerless V8. Other British cars
included a very nice MG TD, a raucous little late Midget, and a Kougar Jaguar
(which DNF'd).

The 'big' race begins June 16 in San Antonio, Texas. Check greatrace.com for
details.

Steve & Janet Hedke
"Moss Motors Team Scrappy"
Great Race #45, 1957 Triumph TR3