fot

Re: standoff

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: standoff
From: matt matthews <mattspit@att.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 07:21:17 -0600
Yes we see it on our 1500 and 1300 Spitfires. The inside to the intake
manifold is also carbonized, as though we are preburning the intake charge.
Not a good thing. You need to use some anti-reversion technique. Keep the
exhaust ports square, particularly the bottom, with the round exhaust pipe
being bigger or nearly bigger than the diagonal of the port. Also some
anti-reversion in the collector is supposed to help. Have some space around
the pipes, don't have them close to the collector walls.

Matt Matthews
Houston Tx.