fot

Prolong Engine Treatment

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Prolong Engine Treatment
From: "Ronald B. Cressey" <rbc_restoration@netzero.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 17:44:22 -0700
Does anyone have an opinion regarding Prolong Super Lubricant engine oil
treatment?  Does it reduce engine temperatures as reported, and thus
increase horsepower due to reduced friction....  I've recently rebuilt
my engine (approximately 300 miles on the break in) and I was
considering this product.

One other note, I've always used Mobil 1 (15w-50) with success (after
break in with a non synthetic).   I've heard some bench racers say the
10w-30 would be a better choice for a full race engine (less drag).  Any
thoughts are appreciated.

Regards,
Ron Cressey
1959 Peerless GT