fot

Trashed cam

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Trashed cam
From: MJSUKEY@cs.com
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 22:11:39 EDT
Well, Jason and I (OK mostly Jason) tore apart the TR-6 motor today for it's
"winter" rebuild/refresh.  Front lobe on the cam was worn down .040"  Rest of
the lobes were like new.  Cam was only in a few seasons.  The face of the
tappet was all pitted and screwed up also.  Rest of the tappets were like
new. My guess is the tappet went and took the cam with it.  Could I have done
something wrong here when I put the engine together?  Any suggestions to
prevent this from happening again?

Thanks,
Marty