fot

RE: TRANSPONDERS

To: "'Ronald R Gates'" <Ronald.R.Gates@usa.dupont.com>, <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TRANSPONDERS
From: "Russ Moore" <rem@cbord.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 12:07:29 -0400
Ron,
It needs a clear unobstructed shot of the ground, preferably with in 12" of
the actual track surface and no more than 16". Making a small bracket opens
the areas of potential mounting. Personally I prefer a front mount, but it
probably doesn't make a huge difference. I installed mine on my Spitfire on
the side of the front plenium that directs air to the radiator. I made a
small aluminum bracket then hard wired it to the main switch. There is an
LED on the transponder that gives an indication when it is operational in
the absence of a frequency tester.

Russ Moore
Spitfire #49