fot

Moving the Oil Pressure Pickup Line

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Moving the Oil Pressure Pickup Line
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 10:14:44 EDT
Dear FOTers,

Some of you have moved the oil pressure pickup line from its original
location to the oil gallery to get a better indication of the oil pressure
the engine is actually seeing.  What fittings did you use to do this?

If an oil gallery plug hole were drilled and tapped to 3/8" pipe thread, the
line could be taken out of the engine using 03 AN Aeroquip hose and fittings.
 How do you convert to a 1/8 steel line or adept to the gage; or are there
better ways?

Another elementary question: I came across a couple of unused flexible brake
hoses that I had bought for a past street cars (long gone), and never got
around to installing them.  These hoses will screw into a spare TR-3 front
brake caliper.  Are these hoses interchangeable with Triumph brake hoses, or
are there some subtle differences?  Both the US and England were on the
English system at that time.