fot

Cam Question

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Cam Question
From: mjsukey@cs.com
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 13:08:56 -0400
Thanks to all who forwarded the phone number to me for Babe Erson Cams.  I
tried to call them and got the message that it has been disconnected. So for
plan "B" I will throw my question out to all you experts.  I received my
reground cam and it appears that all the lobes and the gear have been coated or
treated with something black.  On the heel of a couple of the lobes this has
left it slightly rough. At first glance I thought it was rust pits under the
coating but after close inspection it almost looks like a spray that did not
wet-out.  I'm concerned about putting this cam in with this slightly rough
finish.  Anybody got any idea what this is?  Can I just polish or buff the
lobes?  I just wiped out one cam due to crappy tappets and don't want to flush
this one down the tubes in another 6 months.

Thanks,
Marty Sukey