fot

M-O Friday Night All Triumph Dinner & Hospitality Tent

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: M-O Friday Night All Triumph Dinner & Hospitality Tent
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 09:57:57 EDT
Mid-Ohio is supposed to get back to me with firm numbers, but it appears that
a light dinner with keg beer will cost about $6,000 for 200 people on Friday
evening.

On the strength of committed Sponsors and Donors, I am going to proceed with
this plan as it is certainly the right thing to do.

We have financial support planned from:

SVRA
A Popular Motorsports Magazine (Florida)
Overage from donations to FOT ad in Levy Book
Proceeds from sales of videos (Texas)
Contribution from sales of Patches (Ohio)
Proceeds from sales of decals(?)  (California)
Contribution from sales of memorabilia( Ohio)
Contibution from Company (Individual) (Wisconsin)
Contributions from private individuals (Virginia and Maryland)

We plan to put together a placard honoring those efforts as Sponsors and
Donors, which will be displayed at the dinner and honored by our emcees, Bill
Dentinger and Bob Wismer.

I am not soliciting for funds...it is entirely up to you. If we fall a bit
short, we might pass the hat or something.

Additionally, the Western PA Triumphs plan to provide a Hospitality tent in
the paddock for a gathering place during the day and evenings, starting with
coffee and rolls in the morning. They are looking at supplying some tables
where we might purvey some of the memorabilia. I applaud their efforts as
they approached me on this and volunteered their support. (They may be
looking for extra crew passes, if there are any available)

Remember, all of this is strictly volunteer stuff and subject change. We have
a pretty remarkable group and I suspect it will all come off, one way or
another.

Please contact me off line, if you plan to support these efforts with sale of
items or donations. I have set up a Friends of Triumph checking account from
which I can work.

Late Braking News: Two historically significant TR6s have applied for entry.
A Kastner-Brophy Car and a Group 44 car. They are from Ohio and have run with
SVRA before, so I expect acceptance.

Triumphantly yours,

Joe (A)