fot

Re: Triumph Performance Parts, buying a Pig in a Poke?

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Triumph Performance Parts, buying a Pig in a Poke?
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 11:48:58 -0500
You're right. It's the "Bolt on Horsepower" mentality which seems to abounds
in the small block chevy world.  I was just hoping that if I asked questions I
could get answers.  There are some guys I've talked to, like Jack Drews, Ken
Gillanders and Steve Long that freely share information, but many others that
don't. If the numbers have never been measured, e.g. advance curve, flow
bench, cam lift curve etc.,  that tells me a lot.  Uncle Jack says that a lot
of these parts are designed by the "Urban Legend Method".  I like that
description.