fot

heat shield

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: heat shield
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 15:46:48 -0500
I have a couple of shields on my car to keep exhaust header heat away
from the intake manifold. The shield is 1/16" aluminum, fits on the
eight carb mounting studs, is formed to miss the header and the linkage
brackets for HS6 carburetors, and has two rectangular openings to allow
full swing of the linkages.

I've made several for other racers, but when I make one, since I do it
all by hand, it takes a couple of hours.

I've asked Southwick to make up several because I have ongoing requests
for them. He can make one for $50. They should be pretty nice since all
edges will be machine cut instead of hacked out like mine. If you want
one, send me an email, I'l send you a digital photo if you wish.

This is a no-profit project.

--

uncle jack