fot

aw nuts!

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Subject: aw nuts!
From: bob bownes <bownes@seiri.com>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 18:12:28 -0700
So this  afternoon was warm and sunny and nice outside. And, once again,
I managed to spend a good chunk of it inside. But the latter half of it
I spent in the garage, puttering about, getting the FV ready for the
first race of the season next weekend. Charged up the race car battery,
fixed some bodywork, discovered a broken front bearing cage, and a few
other little joys of racing.

After the battery said it was done charging, I moved the charger over to
the tr6. In due course, I gave it a crank to see if she would fire up.
She did, accompanied by the most god-awful racket from the vicinity of
the tailpipes and garage door (closed). So I shut the car down and
investigated...

The mice had filled the mufflers with acorns, which upon starting the
car were ejected with some force into the garage door! Once I stopped
lauging, and opened the door and fired it up again, they seem to have
all been expelled.

Ah well, the price of living in the country.

Bact to the salt mines.

iii