fot

RE: TR4 After Market Accessories

To: "'BillDentin@aol.com'" <BillDentin@aol.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR4 After Market Accessories
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 10:41:22 -0700
Don't do it. It's easier and far better to get one custom made. You can
get one made with a removable top hoop to clear your helmet if you're huge
like me, and still get the top up. All the bolt in's I have seen are crap.

Interestingly enough, if you find the right guy to make your roll bar, you
might get him to fab you a luggage rack as well. The stock ones work okay,
but they are kind of wimpy. I had a rack made for my Vincent that was
infinitely superior to anything I could buy (yes. you can actually buy a
luggage rack for a Vincent) and cost a few bucks less. the commercial rack
is painted with galvanized fittings, the fabricated rack is powder coated
with stainless steel fittings.