fot

New nomination

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: New nomination
From: tr3a@att.net
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 14:36:55 +0000
Amici,

As I settle into my new home here in the Pacific
Northwest, I'm starting to tie into the right crowds.
Besides having the pleasure of meeting Bill Babcock and
Peyote at Pacific Raceways, I recently joined a small
non-marque club called A.C.E. or Autocross and
Convertible Enthusiasts.  It was formed by a bunch of
disgruntled Miata club owners, who were tired of the
Miata club's dinners and cars shows and wanted to drive
their cars.  With the heavy Miata influence, I was a
more than a bit concerned going to my first meeting, but
of the 5 Miata's outside in the lot, four had their tops
down (on a pretty cool evening) and all had serious
rollbars.  As it turns out, it's a great club filled
with some pretty serious Autocrossers who like to have
fun.  At a recent club picnic, they held a tricycle
AutoX, complete with timing gear.

So, why is the subject "New nomination"?  Two of the
club's founders are Sean Green and his wife Brianne.
They used to AutoX a Miata, but they have seen the light
<Grin> and now run a modified TR6.  They've racked up at
least one FTD that I am aware of and are often in the
running for top PAX awards with the TR6.  Sean is still
improving the car and I know he will be able to
contribute, as well as benefit from our outstanding
collection of TR wisdom.  Can I please have a second and
welcome another TR Autocross enthusiast to our ranks?

Thanks in advance,

Jack Brooks

mjb - Assuming we get a second, Sean's Email address is
sean.green@seawestproducts.com.  He would much prefer to
receive the digest version of our mailings.