fot

Baffles (was Re: Safety Wiring Sump Bolts Questionaire Results)

To: <WEmery7451@aol.com>, <jmwagner@greenheart.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Baffles (was Re: Safety Wiring Sump Bolts Questionaire Results)
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 18:50:39 -0500
I have two versions. Both incorporate trapdoors. The trapdoors are NOT
spring loaded (spring is a part that can get loose where you don't want
loose parts). Rather, they are free-swinging in one direction only designed
to impede oil flow away from the pickup but not toward the pickup.

My old one was a simple wall down the middle of the pan. Trapdoor swung
toward the oil pump.

My newer one is a diamond-shaped deal in the middle of the pan. Oil pump
pickup goes in the middle of the diamond. Each wall of the diamond has its
own trapdoor, all if which swing in to the center. There also are small
"ledges" along the top edge of the pan that prevent oil from sloshing up
along the inside walls of the block. It was made for me by The Able Co. in
Wyoming, Mich. (Grand Rapids -- Wayne Snyder, who is a machinist and a
Triumph autocrosser; Wayne also gave me a later, screened, oil pump).