fot

Re: Mid Ohio A great success....x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: grandwazoo@earthlink.net, trhouse@greenapple.com
Subject: Re: Mid Ohio A great success....x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 11:58:37 EDT
In a message dated 06/18/2002 10:37:51 AM Central Daylight Time,
grandwazoo@earthlink.net writes:

> 4) The selection of our car by the corner workers as their favorite.  Their
> trophy of a checkered flag autographed by each of them is truly unique and
> special.  Then seeing several of them alongside the track holding their
> noses in honor of the dead skunk was funny.

Geez...they held their noses when I went by too.  I didn't hit no skunk.

> 5) Giving TR Householder's cast badge replica a ride during the TR race.  It
> clearly made the car faster!

Yeah.  I did the same.  Those suckers seemed like they weighed five pounds
each.  TR says they're solid gold.  I wish I would have had a bunch of them.
I need more ballast in my car, what with so much weight over on the driver's
side of the car.

> and I gotta tell ya, seeing the Brit TR6 slide off the track near the end of
> the TR race to put me ahead of one of the bad ass suckers was really a
> treat.

We each get their jollys in different ways.  I was tickled to death that the
BRITS only lapped me once.

Don Brick, who'll be 71 come August, drove the wheels off his TR4.  He
knocked about three seconds off his best ever MID-OHIO lap time.  Kudos to
Don Brick.

Bill Dentinger