fot

Mid Ohio

To: "'fot@autox.team.net'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mid Ohio
From: "Kramer, Robert" <RKramer@rdoequipment.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 15:21:26 -0500
Amici,

What a weekend. We made it back to Texas without any problems. No rain, no
flat tires and no tickets. Like others before me, I also want to express my
heartfelt thanks to the many FOT we met at MId Ohio.  For me, with a new
engine, head gasket problems and an unsolved severe engine miss, the racing
wasn't the highlight of the weekend, it was the Triumph gang. The Kramer
clan had a great time. Kudos to Joe for the organization of the event and to
all the racers and TR folk that made the weekend so special.  Having the
Brits there really topped it off.

One of the high points of the weekend for me was replacing the head gasket
Friday night, with a bevy of supporters providing lights, power, gaskets,
advice and encouragement. In my dreams I never thought something I really
don't like to do at the track could be so much fun. At the risk of
overlooking someone, let me thank Ken Gilanders for the head gasket, JK
Jackson for the manifold gaskets, Henry Frye for the generator, Brad and
Susan for the drop light, Joline and Don Marshall for the beer, Jim Hill,
Irv Korey, Tim Suddard, Mark Bradakis and my "pit bunny" wife Barbara (as
described by Bill Dentinger) for jumping in and helping. We got the car
running again, only to develop a miss that started small and became a big
problem by the time of the All Triumph race. I became a rolling roadblock
for the leaders, running alternately on 2 or 3 cylinders, but happily stayed
out and finished the race. I left a little unsatisfied with my performance
as a race mechanic, and with not enough laps under my belt. I don't know if
I can wait until the 60th to return to Mid Ohio.

Bob Kramer