fot

Re: My faovrite car.

To: gasket.works@gte.net
Subject: Re: My faovrite car.
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 11:13:15 EDT
In a message dated 06/21/2002 9:42:28 AM Central Daylight Time,
gasket.works@gte.net writes:

> After spying all those lovely Race Cars at M-O.  My favorite is the cleanest
> and arguably the best engineered car out there...
>
> The Jack Drews Special.( Old blue #2).
>
> Cleaner and nicer than those static concourse car displays.
>
> Great job Jack.

Mordy:

Gets my vote too.  Can't argue with that.  But truth be told, almost without
exception, the TRIUMPHs racing at MID-OHIO this year were all pretty nice
looking.

When vintage racing first started becoming big (in the late 1970s), the
TRIUMPH marque had a bad reputation for cosmetics and presentation.  Old SCCA
war horses were readily available for low bucks, and many were purchased and
started appearing at vintage events.  While most were good race cars, they
all were not pretty.  The Vintage Racing Purists, especially those with the
high end marques, complained about the 'rusty TR3s' tarnishing Vintage
Racing's image.  TRIUMPHs became persona non grata at many big events.  VSCCA
did not accept them.  Too common they said.  Monterey the same.  Wile VSCCA
and Monterey still look down on us from high above, things have changed
significantly in recent years.  The vast majority of vintage TRIUMPH racers
are putting an equal effort into cosmetics and presentation.  Our image is
changing.

This is good.  It is good for Vintage Racing, and it is good for TRIUMPH.

Bill Dentinger