fot

Re: STEERING RACKS

To: rjl6n@cstone.net
Subject: Re: STEERING RACKS
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 20:39:15 EDT
I was under the impression that the Spit Rack was quicker than a GT6 rack and
now I'm struggling to remember where I read that.

Let's see, owners manuals
69 GT6+ 4.25 turns Lock to lock?  Bentley P 57
MK III GT6 4.5 turns Lock to lock    Bentley Pg. 87
Spit 1500  3.75 turns lock to lock   Repair operations manual

My TR Haynes manual doesn't list the spec but I bet we've got enough Bentley
manual or owners manuals in this group to build an accurate table.

Anybody else care to look it up and contribute the "book " ratio?  Which may
or may not be accurate depending on build year variations but at least it'll
be an interesting comparison.

Steve Smith