fot

Re: Thanks, Tim. & water flowbench

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Thanks, Tim. & water flowbench
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 12:01:19 -0500
David Vizard's head porting article was worth the subscription price so I
went ahead and renewed online for a couple more years.

I recently read about an interesting technique for flow testing cylinder
heads. You allow a sized reservoir of water to drain through the head and
measure the elapsed time with a stopwatch. Has anyone ever done this? How
does gravity feeding a non-compressible fluid compare to using air and a
regulated vacuum source? Would it be worth the trouble to find a low
viscosity fluid?

-Erik