fot

"Competition Press & Auto Week"

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>,
Subject: "Competition Press & Auto Week"
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 19:53:04 -0700
In the early 60s, there was a weekly, I believe, newspaper published in
Southern California called "Competition Press. "
It carried race results of road racing and other forms of motorsports and
later was merged or taken over by "Autoweek"
At the end of the 1963 Cal Club and SCCA racing seasons, they reviewed all
of the racing classes, class by class, giving a rundown of which were the
fastest cars and drivers and who was likely to be most competitive the next
year.
    I would like to obtain a copy of that issue. Is there anyone on the
lists that would have any idea of who to contact or who might have such
information?

Regards,

Greg Solow

The Engine Room