fot

Re: Near Disaster

To: BillDentin@aol.com
Subject: Re: Near Disaster
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 01:06:07 EDT
BillDentin@aol.com writes:

<< In a message dated 08/02/2002 11:59:55 PM Central Daylight Time,
 WEmery7451@aol.com writes:

 > This gas tank event took place around 1972, when I was a lot newer.
 > Hopefully, I have become a little wiser over the last three decades.

 Yeah!  They say that along with AGE comes WISDOM.  I'm  63 and finding that
 sometimes AGE comes all by itself.

 Bill Dentinger

I have to agree with the above.  All of my relatives just had a celebration
at Ocean City, NJ in honor of my 65 Th. birthday.  Now my wisdom seems to be
going away, rather than improving, and age keeps on increasing.

<<Would you be offended if, at my own expense, I took out an insurance policy
on you, naming my grandchildren as beneficiaries?

Bill Dentinger>>

This would be a real compliment to me.  We have a son and two daughters, and
as of yet no grandchildren.  If you bought this policy, it might be like
pouring money down a rat hole.  The Lord sometimes protects babies and fools.

I probably would have survived this disaster even if the gasoline did light
off.  All of the action was behind me.  The guy following me in his truck may
not have survived.  He was hanging out of his window and yelling.  A large
slug of gasoline hit him in the face, filled his mouth, and soaked his
clothes.  While we were wiping, he was hiding behind vehicles stripping.
Rubber neckers were cruising by, and staring.  A few got out of their cars,
at least one with a cigarette.