fot

Gt6 made it 2nd try

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Gt6 made it 2nd try
From: "andrew stark" <whitedog72@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 14:14:25 +0000
I guess my first message did not make it through properly ;o(
I wanted to thank you guys on this list for helping me get my Gt-6 done.
Your advice and parts contacts really made it happen.
Saturday was the Gt-6's first race and it performed without a glitch.
Everything worked and it was a no worry weekend. I learned alot about the
car and now have great direction on where to go from here.
I am very surprised at how much power this car has. I now have to get the
suspension and tires to catch up. I was on DOT tires while everyone else was
on full slicks. I made for some interesting four wheel drifts just to stay
on the same lap as the leaders. After about 7 laps the tires were completely
gone and I had to slow done and concentrate on just finishing. By the way
track temp was 145 degrees! Tires basically just melted off. Outside temp
was 102 with a index of 112. Really miserable! The car ran cool believe it
or not! Never went over 190. The Volkswagon raidiator really made alot of
differance.
The car also turned out to be almost dead nuts on weight. I was 40lbs over
with a full tank of gas. Funny I made no attempt to lighten car. SCCA makes
it weight in at 2020lb :o( That is heavier than the more horsepower Miata's.
Next race I have new slicks and stiffer springs that will be installed and
we will see how it goes from there.
Again thanks for all advice and tips. I will be asking more in the future.
                            Thanks
                          Andy Stark
                        100% complete Gt-6

PS how fast is 7000rpms with a 3.89 diff and 20.5 tire dia.
I am really bad at math ;o( Curious because I was topped out a third of the
way down the front straight.