fot

TR3/4 Connecting rod length

To: "Friends of Triumph" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3/4 Connecting rod length
From: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 11:41:38 -0400
I just got the bad news from Carrillo that my connected rods are too
far gone to recondition.  Since I will have to buy new rods (unless
anyone on the list has some new or used Carrillo rods that they would
be willing to part with for a TR3/4), I am considering going with a
longer rod and changing pistons over to ones that have a shorter
compression height.  This would allow for a shorter and lighter
piston.  My question is, how much of a longer rod will fit without
clearance problems?  From the looks of the piston, there is a lot of
room to move the pin up (shorter compression height), but that will
probably be limited to the clearance of the rods in the block or to
the liners.  Joe(B)