fot

electronic ignition

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: electronic ignition
From: BRITPAC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 18:55:34 EDT
Need some help, guys:

I'm having trouble making a Crane system work on a TR6. I have exactly the
same combination on the automatic TR6 and it works great.

Here's what it's doing:

Comes in running fine on points. Replace the points with the trigger and
amplifier, and it runs 'weak': stumbles and pops on acceleration and it's
slow to rev.

Here's what I've tired:

Cut a hole in an old distributor cap to make sure the rotor is lined up
right. Adjusted timing and the trigger position in relation to the rotor
position. Tried a matching Crane coil with ballast resistor. Tried other
amplifiers. Checked the ground. Checked for voltage to the amplifier and to
the coil.

Put the points back in and it runs perfectly.  As I say, I have the same set
up in another TR6 and it runs great.

OK, I'm licked. Any ideas?

Steve Hedke
britpac@aol.com