fot

Re: Brake Pads and Linings

To: John Price <jprice1@txcyber.com>
Subject: Re: Brake Pads and Linings
From: "Ronald B. Cressey" <rbc_restoration@netzero.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 08:14:48 -0700
Hello,

I've been using "R-4 Carbon Kevlar" brakes on a 1959 Corvette and1959 Peerless
(TR4A brakes) with good results.  Both cars are vintage raced.   I don't
recommend
them for street applications, they really squeal at low speeds.  I have found
them
to be easy on drums and rotors, and they don't pull when cold.  The cost is
approximately $130/axle....

The pads and shoes are distributed by Porterfield Enterprises Ltd, 1767
Placentia
Ave., Cosa Mesa, CA 92627;
email: timg@globalpac.com;
web:  www.porterfieldbrakes.com
(949) 548-4470
(800) 537-6842 (outside California)

P.S. This information is from their 2000 catalog...some of the above information
may be incorrect.

Best regards,
Ron Cressey