fot

RE: September 28/29 HMSA Leguna Seca Event-Help!!

To: "'N197TR4@cs.com'" <N197TR4@cs.com>, vintage-race@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: September 28/29 HMSA Leguna Seca Event-Help!!
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 14:01:05 -0700
The closest place to stay is Seaside, the cheapest is Salinas. I'd stay in
the embassy suites in Seaside. Actually, I'd stay at the Monterey Plaza on
Cannery Row, but it's not modestly priced. There's a link page for finding
hotels at http://www.laguna-seca.com/00areasites.htm . The Doubletree is
right in downtown Monterey, and it's the site for all the auctions and
stuff during the historics. I suspect that it's reasonable this time of
year.

I have a bunch of HMSA Associate Member cards that I didn't use for the
PreHistorics. My guess is that you WILL need one to spectate, though they
will be very lax about checking--this is a club event, they won't be
selling spectator passes. It makes the insurance go zooming up. If I can
find the ones I have I'll mail them to you--give me your address.

Otherwise, be prepared to lie. You're the crew for George Hammerschmidt
and he has all the credentials in his trailer. There is also camping at
the track. If you get a campsite you can always enter the track. If you
feel like roughing it a bit and sleeping in your rental car you can kill
two birds with one stone. But who wants two dead birds.

Two places you need to spectate are up by the media center on top of the
hill (panoramic view) and drivers right at the corkscrew. Of course the
best seat in the house is inside a race car. I don't know anyone who's
going or I'd hook you up.