fot

Grassroots Motorsports Vintage Tire Test

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Grassroots Motorsports Vintage Tire Test
From: GRMTim@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 10:10:49 EDT
Dear lovers of rust,

   We at Grassroots Motorsports are planning on conducting a tire test for
vintage race cars. The location is: Michelin Proving Grounds (unbelievable
facility!) in Laurens SC. The tentative date is October 17, 18 and the
tentative test vehicle is one of them there Triumph TRs. I picked this car
because it is typical of most lower dollar vintage race cars, I already have
two sets of identical 15" x 5.5" Panasports for a TR and mainly, becuase
Triumph guys are about the only ones that will hang out with me.
   So, I am looking for one volunteer. This volunteer needs to be a good
consistent driver and have a reliable car. Yes, I want to use you and your
car, rather than me and my car. The reason is that I am not a good enough
test driver and our engine is set for a rebuild this fall.
   The reward, other than fame, fortune, free track time and a chance to try
three or four sets of tires is that you get to keep some of the tires, I buy
you lunch and you get a free T shirt, okay, okay, a Sweat shirt and a T shirt.
   Any takers?

Sincerely,

Tim Suddard
Publisher/Grassroots Motorsports