fot

FW: Associate Memberships

To: "'N197TR4@cs.com'" <N197TR4@cs.com>
Subject: FW: Associate Memberships
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 13:49:49 -0700
You might want to make a hard copy of this email to carry along just in
case some overzealous SCRAMP guard hassles you.

I also know the General Manager of Laguna Seca (Gil Campbell), and I'd try
to get you some VIP treatment there, but she's pissed at me because Peyote
got tangled up (minor damage to both cars) with the Pooper of one of her
larger sponsors for the Portland Historics. I'm pretty sure she hasn't
forgiven me yet. You'd think after I DIDN'T center punch the Birdcage
Maserati (one of the Walton kids--as in Wal-Mart) that spun in front of me
in the corkscrew that she'd give me a little slack.

A couple of recommendations: There's a place called Tarpy's close to the
track that looks like it might serve cowboy food or something. Actually
it's great--beautiful facility, great bar, fun to eat outside, and the
food is excellent.

In Carmel, on the main drag about halfway down the hill on the left facing
downhill is a little Italian restaurant. Best food on earth. If I'm within
100 miles of the place I make a detour to eat there. Magnificent.

If you guys have time you should visit the Blackhawk Car Museum. I don't
know where all the money came from, but it's got to be in bales. The have
a Hispano-Suisa bodied in Tulipwood that has to be the most gorgeous thing
that ever rolled on four wheels.
http://www.blackhawkauto.org/autocollection/autocf1.html
<http://www.blackhawkauto.org/autocollection/autocf1.html>

Have a great time. I'll be racing my Radical the same weekend at Portland
International Raceway.