fot

RE:lifters

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE:lifters
From: MJSUKEY@cs.com
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 10:55:46 EDT
Now that the lifter thread has come to the forefront again let me pose some
questions to the more knowledgeable than me out there (all of you)!  Is the
radius of the face of the lifter the same for all lifters?   How about the
radius found inside of the lifter?  The reason I ask... I don't hear bad
lifters being a problem from the American car people (could be because I
don't really hang with the Hot Rod racers).  I have access to the centerless
grinders at work so I'm thinking that if I can find some chevy/ford solid
lifters that are slightly oversize on the O.D. I could grind them and try
different sets in the 3 Triumphs we drive and see how they hold up.  Your
thoughts?

Marty Sukey