fot

More on the Diff problem

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: More on the Diff problem
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 18:36:59 -0700
Today I removed and disassembled the diff.  What I found amazed and mystified
me.

What I did NOT find was a totally blown up diff.  In fact there was very little
in the way of metal fragments in the oil.  The crown and pinion gears
were perfect.  Since the Quaife is pretty much a sealed unit, I suspect that
the trouble lies somewhere inside that piece.

I shipped it to QUAIFE America toady and they are going to rebuild it for $75.
The charge is because I didn't buy it in the USA, otherwise it would
be free.

But the troubling issue is that according to QUAIFE, the things are supposed to
bear over 300 HP.

I am hoping that the QUAIFE repair both solves the problem and lasts for a lot
longer than it did originally.

Cheers,
Joe (C)