fot

Re: TR4 questions

To: gasket.works@gte.net, Bd309@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR4 questions
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:08:43 EDT
I have used Strombergs for 10 years with success. I have no reason for the
success. I put SU needles in the pistons with brass shim stock to bring it up
to OD. The Strombergs were on the shelf and already rebuilt from another
project. I put them on with cost as a factor. I am pleased.

While developing the car in 1993, after running for a year, a mechanic friend
suggested that MGBGT front springs would fit. Indeed they did.  Shortened the
car to desired ride height, increased the rating to 480# and of course it
improved the handling immediately as I was running stock springs the first
year. The springs were used and very cheap.   :-)

I ceased development on the car five years ago, but am capable of running
under 3:00 minutes at Road America's four mile course. No DNF's, great fun,

I am with Richard Taylor's comments of yesterday. I'd love to run with the
fast TR guys, but I am having too much fun to be concerned about it.

Joe Alexander