fot

TR2 Auction Price

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR2 Auction Price
From: Jeff Snook <jsnook@wcnet.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 12:27:41 -0500
Amici, this TR2 was auctioned at the R&M Meadow Brook Hall auction last
month.  WOW.......  $35,000!!!  Look out Healeys, here we come!!!

    <http://www.sportscarmarket.com/AR%20Pics/RM211.JPG> #211-1955
    TRIUMPH TR2 Roadster. S/N TS6199L. 4-cyl. 1991cc. 90hp. BR Green/tan
    leather. LHD. Odo: 33,959 miles. Floor-shift 4-speed manual. Bucket
    seats. Painted wire wheels. Complete, ground-up restoration to a
    very high standard. Short-door model. Small paint chips below
    driver's door. Hood and trunk hinges painted. Excellent panel fit.
    Engine detailed for show. Tool kit. Very attractive. Cond: 1-. SOLD
    AT $35,090.Early TR2s rarely appear on the auction block--we get
    scads of MGAs instead. The TR2s were better cars (let's get those
    front discs from a TR3 on in a hurry, though) and lead As when it
    comes to price. Big money, but fully justified.

Vroom, vroom,

Jeff