fot

Spitfire wins FP at runoffs

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire wins FP at runoffs
From: "andrew stark" <whitedog72@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 14:05:41 +0000
Sarge did it!!!! He won FP at the Runoffs. It was a fantastic race to watch.
Hats off to a very talented builder and driver.
GP did not not fair as well. Kevin Allen who had a real chance of winning
was taken out early in the race by an over aggressive Datsun. This opened
the door for Prather and he so called legal MGA ( Complete BS if I ever saw!
) to run away from the field unchallenged the rest of the race. Our GP spit
crawled its way from 27th to 14 on a new and better engine. Too bad it was
not complete until an hour before Sat warm ups. We had to run on a sick
engine all the way through qualifiers because our engine builder did not
have the engine done. Lesson learned on engine builders.
Looks like Triumphs can still be the car to beat no matter what crap the
SCCA pulls to make us non competitive.
                            Andy Stark
                             EP Gt-6