fot

Nudge SCCA

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Nudge SCCA
From: matt matthews <mattspit@att.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 07:58:10 -0500
O.K.
It seems we should follow Kas's example and get our collective act together
and nudge SCCA.
Those of us still racing in SCCA, a dwindling number, since a lot of cars
have gone over to vintage. It seems to me, most of this group is vintage.

I race a FP 1500 Spitfire. I could really use a better intake manifold. I
can probably live with a single 1.75 carb. I am not sure what else would
make a big difference other than a better driver. Since we already have free
transmissions, exhaust, rear end, suspension within the limit of original
design, etc. Why not free intake manifolds?

BUT

My argument for the Spitfire is weakened by Sargus and Dieter. 1st for a
Spitfire and potentially 3rd for a 1500 looks to me like the car can be made
competitive. Actually mine may be if I get it and me sorted out. I need to
to a little work on the suspension and get it lower but it has most all the
right pieces.
The car need to lose about 100 lbs, I need to lose about 15.

Maybe we need to share tricks.