fot

Re: Hallet Race Report

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hallet Race Report
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 12:23:18 -0500
> either.  All three Triumphs were in group 7 racing with the Porshe 911s
> and Datsun Z cars.  Bob Kramer in his TR4 and Dan Duryee in his sweet
> GT6 were running well but were plagued by a certain Porshe all weekend.
> The Porsche was faster on the straights and they couldn't get around it
> in the curves.  Don't you just hate to see Triumphs finishing behind a
> Porshe?

It wasn't just the 911. There were 3 - 240Z's as well that seemed to run the
same program, early braking in the turns, slowing down in the line enough to
keep the Triumphs from making a clean, fast pass. I think Dan Duryea and I
experienced the same problem. We could run faster laps but couldn't make the
passes. The few times I got around the 240Z's (never found a way around the
911), I drove away, but held off from a clean pass, I just couldn't get by
and maintain enough speed to stay ahead on the straights. The last race
Sunday had us both trapped behind a BSR, the 911 and the fastest 240Z in a
row. There were a couple of position shifts, but the 911 kept the whole
group in from passing. I found myself being left behind the group on every
straight, catching them on the turns, lap after lap. It was a lot of fun,
but it left me wanting a few more HP or 4.10 gears.