fot

Re: Head Gasket

To: "Chuck Arnold" <Chuck.Arnold@oracle.com>, "for" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Head Gasket
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 02:44:55 -0600
Stock head gasket -- like you could find anything else? -- and proper
torque, then warm up the engine and retorque the head while it's hot.

Someone else will have to tell you torque specs -- but I just did that with
my 13:1 Spitfire motor and only retorqued to the stock specs. My engine
builder told me later he generally uses a higher number, but that's just
because he can and the stock number should be fine. No problems so far (7
autocrosses and two road races later).

--Rocky