fot

Race report Gateway/ Thanks

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Race report Gateway/ Thanks
From: "andrew stark" <whitedog72@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 15:27:03 +0000
Hi all.
Last weekend was the end of our season here in St. Louis. We had a double
regional in the rain and cold. Frank Axelrod and his Spitfire put on a good
show in GP. He drove the whole race without a clutch!! The Pilot bearing
locked up and made darn near impossible to shift. He ended up finishing the
race by driving one handed holding the car in gear as he drove around the
track. He had started at the back of the pack and worked his way up to 2nd
before loosing it in the last turn of the last lap. Heck of drive. He ended
the season with out one DNF and packed away several trophies to boot. The
car proved to be very reliable.
This was my second and third race in the Gt-6. I have a heck of a learning
curve to get  over on this car. Mechanically the Gt is performing
flawlessly. The engine pulls hard all the way to 7,500rpms down the front
straight in O/D. What a kick! Handling is a different story. I have alot to
learn about how to drive it. I am getting better. I improved over eight
seconds from Sat. to Sun. I have lots of work to do on the rear end this
winter to give me more confidence in the axles. I have a major pucker factor
going on during the high speed oval part of the track. We have lots and lots
of concrete at Gateway!! I am losing several seconds backing off the
throttle during this part of the track.
I wanted to say thanks to all of you in FOT. With out your advice and
contacts for parts I would have had a terrible time getting my car on the
track this year. For the most part your advice has been dead on and made the
transition from Street/ Auto crosser to full fledged SCCA race car much
easier.

     Again thank you all

     Andy Stark, EP-Gt-6

Get faster connections -- switch to MSN Internet Access!